It’s our biggest event of the year! Join in the community spirit – Sunday, June 9 at 9 am.
Download Registration Form Here!Registration Form 2019
The 7th Annual Bay Trail Fun Run promises to be another fantastic occasion you won’t want to miss!
Choose between 5 or 10 k distances to run or walk along the shores of Lake Pend Oreille and Sand Creek. Festivities include t-shirts, water bottles and other freebies for all participants, great awards for top finishers in each age group, a reduced priced racers’ lunch menu at Trinity at City Beach Restaurant, and the chance to win fantastic raffle items.
Back for a 2nd year in a row – Family Team Category – grab at least two other family members, come up with a family team name and register as a team online by June 8. The top three fastest teams (as determined by averaging the times of the three fastest team members) in both the 5k and 10k races will win awards.
The fun run/walk takes place along the shores of Lake Pend Oreille and SandCreek. This mostly flat route—which starts at Sandpoint’s City Beach—takes you out and back on the Pend d’Oreille Bay Trail. It features stunning views of the lake, creek and white capped mountains. 5K competitors return to where they started, in front of the Best Western Edgewater Resort on Sandpoint’s City Beach. Before returning to the finish line, 10K competitors continue for an additional out-and-back leg on the paved byway trails that curve along the east shore of Sand Creek.
Event schedule and times:
- Online registration is now open!
- Online registration is open until noon on June 8 for $25 a person 13 years or older. Children 12 and under are free but must register.
- Mail-in registration is available until June 6 for $25 per person, 13 years or older. (Registration forms are available at locations throughout the region or call 208.946.6466.)
- Registration is also available in person from 4 pm to 6pm Saturday June 8 at Trinity Restaurant at our Packet Pick-Up Party.
- Registered racers can pick up their packets (race bibs and t-shirt, water bottle a freebies at the Packet Pick-Up Party Sat evening, or Sunday morning from 7 AM until 8:45 AM.
- Race day registration opens at 7 am Sunday, June 9 and is $30 a person.
- 10K racers start promptly at 9 am. 5K racers start at 9:15.
- Awards ceremony is at as age divisions close starting around 10:00 am.
- Runners lunch specials are offered by Trinity at City Beach, 11:30 am–2:30 pm.
All runners, walkers, strollers and lovers of the trail are welcome to join in the fun of the Bay Trail Fun Run. Leave the pooch behind for this event but bring them back any other time – the trail is dog friendly.
The 2019 Bay Trail Fun Run Sponsors
We want to say a very big thank you to all the sponsors who have made this event possible. They have all chosen to support the Bay Trail Fun Run, and this community in such a special way. Thank you to each and every one of you for choosing to sponsor the Bay Trail Fun Run this year.
Kalispel Tribe & Northern Quest Resort and Casino, KPND Radio, Evergreen Realty, Fragoso Inc., Equinox Foundation, Ting, Mountain West Bank, Sweet Lou’s Restaurant and Bar, Berg, McLaughlin & Nelson Attorneys, Keokee, IDAGON Homes, North Idaho Title, Platte and Associates, Winter Ridge Natural Foods, The Festival at Sandpoint, Matchwood Brewing Company, MacDonald Law, Mt. Baldy Dental Center, Northwest Autobody & Towing, Inc., Midweek Milers, Avalanche Graphic Design, Edward Jones/Dave Reseska, Fleet Feet, Pend O’Reille Veterinary Service & Pet Lodge, Taylor & Sons Chevrolet, Best Western Edgewater Resort, Panhandle Community Radio KRFY, Outdoor Experience, Waterfront Property Management, White Cross Pharmacy, Idaho Forest Group, Sandpoint Super Drug, Norman Ettinger, Edward Jones, The Shed, Greasy Fingers, Idaho Pour Authority, First American Title Co., Sandpoint Waldorf School, Bonner County EMS, Staples, Precision Tire, Evans Brothers Coffee, and Unicep.