Don’t miss the wonderful community spirit at our biggest event of the year! The event takes place on Sunday, June 11 at 9 am.
Last years run was a huge success with over 350 runners and walker participating. This years Fun Run promises to be another great event. Festivities includes t-shirts, water bottles and other freebies for all participants, great awards for top finishers in each age group, a special racers lunch menu at Trinity Restaurant, and the chance to win fantastic silent auction items.
The fun run/walk takes place along the shores of Lake Pend Oreille and SandCreek. This mostly flat route—which starts at Sandpoint’s City Beach—takes you out and back on the region’s newest unpaved trail, the Pend d’Oreille Bay Trail. It features stunning views of the lake, creek and white capped mountains. 5K competitors return to where they started, in front of the Best Western Edgewater Resort on Sandpoint’s City Beach. Before returning to the finish line, 10K competitors continue for an additional out-and-back leg on the paved byway trails that curve along the east shore of Sand Creek.
Event schedule and times
- Online registration is now open!
- Online registration is open until June 10 for $25 a person 13 years or older. Children 12 and under are free but must register.
- Mail-in registration is available until June 5 for $25 per person, 13 years or older. (Registration forms are available at locations throughout the region or call 208.265.9565.)
- Race day registration opens at 7 am Sunday, June 11 and is $30 a person.
- 5K and 10K racers start jointly, promptly at 9 am.
- Awards ceremony is at 11 am.
- Runners lunch specials are offered by Trinity at City Beach, 11:30 am–2:30 pm.
All runners, walkers, strollers and lovers of the trail are welcome to join in the fun of the Bay Trail Fun Run. Leave the pooch behind for this event but bring them back any other time – the trail is dog friendly.